I wasn’t planning on watching many shows this season to be honest. I usually don’t want many shows per season based solely on who I am as a person–which, in all honesty, boils down to my attention span in regards to many television shows. However, I’ve come to the conclusion after having multiple talks with my friend, that I need to be watching more anime as they air.
With my above statement of not watching many shows per season, I thought about the conversations I had with my friend, and realized that I’m missing out on many decent shows this season. In truth, he’s just talk to me about multiple shows, telling me about their premise, about what’s happened through the first few weeks, and eventually I figured that maybe I should give more shows a chance–even if I don’t particularly like them in the overall sense (there’s got to be at least a few redeeming qualities, right?)
I started with a few tweets over on my Twitter (I’m here if y’all want to follow but don’t already!) that ended up being replied to by the amazing Ayano, and well, that got a whole conversation started about anime seasons, watching shows each season, and the amounts both of us end up watching (her’s was by far more extravagant than mine at 20-25 per season! I just…I don’t get that. Karandi, you’re my outlier still, I don’t understand your seasonal watch amount’s either). Perhaps it’s simply my attention span, but I’ll hopefully remedy that soon enough and get caught up so I’m not scrambling to catch up. And, really, I’ll have to remember which days each show airs so I can keep up.
Anyway, with that said, I’m here to tell you all about my expanded watch list for the 2019 Winter Season!
The List Before Yesterday: (in all honesty this is just the list that I remember watching every week):
- The Rising of the Shield Hero
- The Promised Neverland
- SAO: Alicization
(There were more, but I sort of forgot about them and hadn’t really seen them, so it’s easier to say I had three going for me.)
Um…three? Three. Great job, Alexie! Let’s take that epithet off your name now and hand it off to someone more deserving. Does anyone want my epithet “the Great?” I’m not using it, it’s been taken from me by myself! If so, let me know and I’ll pass it off!
Now that my bad comedic paragraph is done I’m here to tell you my new Winter 2019 watch list!
- The Rising of the Shield Hero–I’m all for this show! Raphtalia is best girl!!!
- The Promised Neverland–I’ve waited for this having read the manga and it’s here and I’m loving it!!
- SAO: Alicization–Honestly, I’ve very much enjoying this show. Alice is still a mystery, which I like, but she looks awesome so screw it–give me more! MORE!!!
- Dororo–Not sure what to expect here, but I don’t care. I’m going to watch it!
- Kaguya-sama–My friend has talked about this. I just need to get caught up. It seems like a good one! Plus people keep seeing something about the best girl being in here? *scoffs* Gotta find out, though…
- Domestic Girlfriend–Another one my friend talked about. I’m curious, so I’ll watch it
- Boogiepop–I had started this weeks ago, but stopped. Why? I don’t remember. Time to start again
- Quintessential Quintuplets– This one looks like a blast and my buddy has talked about it. I need to know more!!!
- Magical Girl Spec Ops Asuka– I think a few people I follow are watching and/or reviewing this, and I thought I would have seen it before the season got this far, but I haven’t. Shame on me.
- Girly Air Force–This one is something I want to watch just to watch. I think it’s a different genre than I’m used to watching, and what’s the harm in expanding my love for anime? (Answer: There is no harm…)
- Kakegurui xx– I have the manga, I loved season one, and I’m ready for this! I’ve seen the first two episodes, but fell behind.
- Morose Mononokean 2 (I don’t really know how else to title that one)– I think Irina and Karandi finally made me cave with their latest review, and I’ll be catching up on this show as soon as possible!
So yeah! That’s now my watch list this season! I’m behind on a lot, but I don’t see the harm in having a fantastic anime binge-watching session to get caught up on most, if not all, these shows so I can be ready for the coming weeks! I’m excited and happy I’ve finally gotten to the point where I can watch many shows at once and still have a life. Well, you know, sort of… I don’t do much else most days anyway.
Thanks for reading!