Hello all you wonderful people!
So, I realized I haven’t posted anything today and that bothers me. I think I’ll change that with this post! Today, is going to be another Top Five Tuesday from me! Again, like every list post I do, this is just my own opinion and it’s in no particular order, which means you’ll have your own. Let’s get right into this shall we?
My Top Five Sword Users in Anime!
- Zoro–One Piece: I’m pretty sure everyone who will read this has seen at least one or two episodes of One Piece, and I’m pretty sure you’ve all at heard of Roronoa Zoro. I’ve only seen a few episodes of the show, and I haven’t read a single chapter of the anime (unlike my brother who has seen every single episode and read every single chapter of the anime in a total of three years–that’s a commitment!), but I know for a fact that Zoro is a great swordsman! Personally, I find the fact that he holds a sword in his mouth a bit odd, but whatever. Zoro is still a total badass when it comes to using a sword. He can hack and slash and move with the best of them!
- Himura Kenshin–Rurouni Kenshin: Okay, I’ll be honest here: I haven’t seen Rurouni Kenshin since I was about seven years old. However, I do remember that Kenshin was a great swordsman. Plus, his hair is pretty freaking great don’t you think? Let’s just chalk this up to a nostalgia entry with some knowledge of his swordsmanship.
- Levi Ackerman–Attack on Titan: Sure, his swordsmanship is rough, but we can’t deny that Levi has a skill with blades. He can hack and slash his way through titans like butter. Almost nothing was a challenge for him, to be honest, with the way he was able to move in his ODM gear–even on flat land moving from titan to titan and slashing their napes in a rage. Levi totally destroys with swords.
- Yuuki Konno–Sword Art Online: Yuuki was absolutely amazing with a sword in her hands. Sure, Mother’s Rosario wasn’t the longest aspect of SAO, but you have to admit that she was actually better than Kirito. I mean seriously, she beat him in one-on-one combat. And wasn’t it stated that if she were trapped in Aincrad she would have been the one to receive the dual-wield skill instead of Kirito? That in itself puts her above Kirito in skill. I know it’s not much, but it’s an edge.
- Zabuza Momochi–Naruto: One of the Seven Swordsman of the Mist, and known as the Demon of the Hidden Mist, Zabuza carried a massive sword (does anyone know if that sword has an actual name?) and used it to great effect. He was able to use it with one hand owing to his physical prowess and chakra ability, and Zabuza completely owned the sword’s abilities. I absolutely love how Zabuza used the sword, and after some digging into the backstory of the blade being passed down through the Seven Swordsman, Zabuza perfected its use as an assassin at an astonishing rate.
And that’ll do it for this post, everyone! Thanks for reading!
If you have any sword users that you think deserve a spot let me know in the comments! I know I missed a bunch of them, but like I said, this is just an opinionated post. Maybe I should have put Samuel L. Jackson and Afro Samurai in this…because he’s one bad ass mother fucker.